How have Madison and Dane County condo prices changed over time?
According to our recent review of MLS data, the peak year for Dane County condo prices was 2005. In 2011, the average Dane County condo sold for 19.7% less than its 2005 value.
* Note, the 2009 and 2010 data are affected by relatively small sample sizes.
The results of our analysis include the following:
- The peak year for Dane County condo prices was 2005. Condo values in 2011 decreased by 19.7% from 2005.
- The average condo in our analysis sold for 16.1% less in 2011 when compared to its previous sales price.
- The average bank-owned condo sold for 36.1% less in 2011 when compared to its previous sales price.
- The average short sale condo sold for 24.4% less in 2011 when compared to its previous sales price.
- Condo prices have decreased in all locations throughout Dane County.
You can view the full condo price report here, as well as download an Excel spreadsheet which allows you to see how condo prices have changed by condo project and MLS location. We view this report as the best representation of price trends in our area, because it’s based on how prices for the same properties have changed over time.
Brought to you buy the DaneCountyMarket.com real estate team at Keller Williams Realty, Madison, WI